How To Choose The Right Welding Jacket
Are you struggling to choose the right welding jacket? So here we are going to provide the essential points that help you choose the right welding helmet. So keep reading and choose your essential welding jacket according to the facts.
Keep in mind that suitable welding jackets have some primary basics. They should be durable, fire-resistant, electrical resist, and heat protection.
Essential qualities in welding jackets
Here are the essential qualities of welding jackets that you need to look at before purchasing them.
- The welding jacket must have a heat-resistant material. This is because the primary purpose of the welding jacket is to protect the body from heat. So if it doesn’t have the suitable material, then you can not get its benefits.
- Choose the welding jacket that has the right size according to your body. Keep in mind that it should be comfortable so you can use it easily. Welding is a tricky task, so you need a comfortable welding jacket that can’t disturb you during the process.
- Prefer choosing high-quality welding material because it directly impacts its durability. In addition, when you have a high-quality material in jackets, it ensures you have better protection.
- Check the jacket material and ensure that it can provide thermal insulation, heat protection, and electrical resistance.
- You will find some cheap and expensive welding jackets in the market. However, keep in mind that not all cheap welding jackets are good for you. Some are better due to their material quality, but not all have reliable materials. So it is wise to prefer to choose the quality material instead of selecting the cheap welding jacket. If you are on a budget, please check https://www.weldingsuperstore.com.au/welding-jackets/ for some reasonably priced jackets.
- Now you know what to look for while choosing the welding jackets. But before that, you also need to know about the types of welding jackets.
Types of welding jackets
Types of welding jackets are based on their manufacturing materials. The welding jacket types include:
Cotton welding jacket
If you are welding in a warmer climate, it is the best welding jacket type. Keep in mind that cotton is a flammable material, but manufacturers alter it for making the welding jacket. In addition, cotton is a flexible, lightweight material that comes at affordable prices.
Leather welding jacket
A leather welding jacket is the best option for welders who are working in cooler climates. Moreover, you can use it for different high-end welding techniques. Leather is a durable material and also has the best thermal and fire resistance. Moreover, don’t cause any skin irritation and have top grain materials.
Nylon/Kevlar Welding Jacket
Nylon is a synthetic fabric that is stretchable and lightweight. You may think that it is a synthetic fabric, so it may not be a healthy option. But it is a strong welding jacket material with a delicate look. It is one of the practical choices in protecting the skin from burning. You can use it for commercial, heavy-duty, and domestic welding tasks. Moreover, it is the best choice for warmer climates.
We hope this guide will help you choose the suitable welding jacket that will protect your body from heat and other damages.